Friday, November 4, 2016

Episode 73: The Healing (I Hope) Venture Begins

I just took my first Harvoni pill, the first of some 90 that I will take over the next three months, one each day.

Will I be cured of my Hepatitis C in 90 days? That remains to be seen--but I have a very good chance of that for the first time since I unknowingly acquire it during a blood transfusion in 1980 or so.

I received the packet on Wednesday, and this is Friday morning. I decided to wait until now because Thursdays are my big day--I teach a class at our near-by college for an hour and 45 minutes, then drive about 1.5 hours to the nearest campus with a PhD in English program, then sit in a three-hour class, and then drive home again.

I didn't want to risk having diarrhea or other untoward side effects on that long day. Next week, I'll know better what I'm in for.

The bad news is that I picked up a bad cold, or possibly even the flu, from Honey, who contracted it from his kids. Honey is now a lot better, but he sounded horrible for a few days, and now I'm descending into that miserable sick world. But I didn't want to wait any longer to start the Harvoni.

ATTENTION, INTERNAL HEPATITIS C VIRUS CELLS!

GET READY TO HAVE YOUR ASSES KICKED!

Oh, I do hope that is what happens. I'll check in again as soon as anything comes up vis-a-vis side effects or any other reactions. Wish me luck, sports fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment